Rota Vicentina: Historical Way
Rural ininery in the Natural Park of the Costa Vicentina passing the major towns and villages
Rota Vicentina is a network of walking trails in the south-western area of Portugal, totalling 400 km to walk, along the most beautiful and best preserved coastline of Southern Europe. Comprising the Historical Way, the Fishermen’s Trail and several Circular Routes, proposes a unique experience of two worlds, between a living and authentic rural culture and a surprisingly wild coastline – fully within the Parque Natural do Sudoeste Alentejano e Costa Vicentina.
Certified in 2016 by the European wide label “Leading Quality Trails – Best of Europe”, for its high walking quality, it runs through the main towns and villages in a rural itinerary with several centuries of history. Comprised mainly of rural trails, this is a classic Grand Route (GR), fully accessible to hikers and mountain bikers.
The way consistes of 12 sections with a total length of 230 km:
- Cabo de São Vicente -Vila do Bispo (14 km)
- Vila do Bispo - Carrapateira (22 km)
- Carrapateira - Arrifana (24 km)
- Arrifana - Aljezur (12 km)
- Aljezur - Odeceixe (18 km)
- Odeceixe - S. Teotónio (17 km)
- S. Teotónio - Odemira (19 km)
- Odemira - S. Luís (25 km)
- S. Luís - Cercal do Alentejo (21 km)
- Cercal do Alentejo - Porto Covo (18 km)
- Porto Covo - Vale Seco (23 km)
- Vale Seco - Santiago do Cacém (18 km)
For more information have a lok at the official website of the Rota Vicentina, where you can also download the maps.
Estrada da Circunvalação
Phone: +351- 969 275 975